The St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School Advantage
As a premier private Catholic school in Tacoma,WA, our advantage is reflected in the philosophy of the school that permeates the total education program and the lives of the faculty and students. This philosophy challenges students to improve the world by sharing Gospel values and living Jesus Christ’s message. They grow to understand the roots of their faith and their responsibilities as Catholics and children of God.
- Students explore their faith through classes and activities in Scripture, Sacraments, Church, and morality.
- At St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School, we stress the value of self-discipline and commitment.
- Faculty and staff are role models who share their faith, their talents, and their time.
- While not all students who come to our school are Catholic, all share experiences of faith and values.
- At St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School, we encourage each student to accept the challenge of being a Catholic and Christian and bringing Jesus Christ’s message of love to others.
Values which promote understanding and service to others are an important part of the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School experience. As a faith community, we emphasize those values which encourage students to accept others rather exclude them, to understand the difference between right and wrong, and to commit themselves to serve God by being kind, caring, respectful, and responsible to others.
Excellence in Academic Achievement
St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School has nearly a 60-year tradition of excellence in education. High standards, strong motivation, effective discipline and an atmosphere of caring combine to foster excellence, and a high quality of student performance is supported by the evidence.
St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School students score significantly higher than national and local school averages on standardized and State testing. Research shows that because of a greater emphasis on homework and study, students develop more effective study and self-discipline skills which lead to improved academic performance. St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School students know the value of homework and are well-prepared academically for any high school they attend.
While providing a stimulating and rigiourous education, St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School gives students a high level of individualized attention and personal sharing. This commitment is reinforced by participation in programs such as robotics, chess, coding, performing arts, choir, and CYO athletics. For those experiencing difficulty in reading, writing, and math, services are provided by our Resource Teacher.
Faith and Family
- We help students understand that each person is unique and valuable.
- We join with the family to help students understand their special place in the family, the Church, and society.
- We encourage family input and involvement in the ongoing education of their children. Research indicates that such a partnership results in higher attendance rates and greater student achievement.
- We strive to create a special bond among the students, the home, the school, and the Church, so that all share the strong sense of community.
At St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School, every child shares in an educational environment filled with love and concern joining together in community to help create a better world.
A St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School education is well worth the cost. It’s money very wisely spent. Your child’s tuition is an investment which pays a lifelong dividend – and is a small portion of what many parents are spending for child care.
- St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School represents affordable excellence; there is an emphasis on efficiency and accountability.
- Tuition costs are subsidized by the parish (for those qualifying for in-parish tuition) and for all school families through fund-raising and community-building events.
- In addition to a strong educational program in core subjects (religion, math, science, language arts, and social studies). St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School students learn to be moral and responsible citizens who contribute positively to the greater community and church.
- At St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School, there is a mutual respect which exists among students, faculty, and administration, which generates an atmosphere of care and concern.