The students in our fifth grade family work hard, study hard, and play hard. Fifth grade is a year of change and transition. For many students, physical and emotional changes will begin. Student will take more and more responsibility for their learning and decision making. Fifth grade is a wonderful stage of development.
- Tacoma Symphony field trip
- In depth novel studies
- Mary Bridge Treehouse Service Project
- Health Class (2nd Trimester)
- Hands on science activities
A Day in the Life of a Fifth Grader:
A peek into a typical day of a fifth grader...What will my child's day look like?
A fifth grader’s day at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School is filled with academic experiences intended to prepare the child for junior high. These experiences include:
- Increasingly rigorous curriculum in religion, writing, math, science, social studies, and reading
- Engaging research reports, novel studies, science experiments, and Reader’s Workshop
- Daily specialist classes: music, library, technology, P.E. and Spanish
- US geography and early US history
- Service projects working with Tacoma organizations
- Creative art lessons
Meet the teachers:
Mrs. Erika Scheitlin - 5A
Education: Bachelor's of Science in Elementary Education from Dickinson State University, Master's Degree in Elementary Reading from Grand Canyon University
In Education Since: 2006
At St. Charles Since: 2019
Why St. Charles: I love being able to share my faith with my students. St. Charles is such a warm and welcoming environment.
Outside the Classroom: I love spending time with my husband and 4 kids. They keep me busy with their many activities. I also love reading and usually have a book in my hands.
Mrs. Megan Elswick - 5B
Education: B.A. of Education from University of Portland, M.S. in Reading from University of Washington
In Education Since: 2005
At St. Charles Since: 2005
Why St. Charles: SCB has given me the opportunity to provide students with a faith-based education within a strong and loving community.
Outside the Classroom: I love to spend time with my husband and three children. My family and I enjoy going for walks to the park, cooking together, and traveling as much as possible.
Looking for a great school for your child?
Call 253-564-5185 ext. 3021 for more information!
Directions to St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School