St. Charles Borromeo Parish was formed in 1956 under the leadership of Fr. Edward F. McCallion.
The parish secured the present site and built a temporary church; what we now use today as the social hall and lunch room. Construction of a rectory, convent, and 16 classrooms soon followed.
The Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia assumed administrative and teaching duties for the parish school, and on September 3, 1958, St. Charles Borromeo School opened with six sisters teaching 200 students in grades one through six.
The Sisters of St. Francis provided administrative leadership until 1985, when Steve McCoy served for one year as interim principal. In 1986, Patrick Feist was welcomed as our new principal. Under his leadership, our school has evolved to a staff of three sisters and 26 lay teachers teaching 504 students in kindergarten through eighth grade.
The school continues to stress a traditional Catholic education enhanced by a modern environment that includes a gymnasium, music room, computer lab, science lab, and state-of-the-art library.
In 1991, a capital campaign was launched which enabled us to build a new parish center, kitchen, library, and two new classrooms as well as to address many maintenance needs. Archbishop Thomas J. Murphy dedicated the new library on November 3, 1996 during our fortieth anniversary celebration.