Why Choose St. Charles Borromeo
Why Choose St. Charles Borromeo
The St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School Advantage
The St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School advantage is reflected in the philosophy of the school that permeates the total education program and the lives of the faculty and students. This philosophy challenges students to improve the world by sharing Gospel values and living Christ’s message. They grow to understand the roots of their faith and their responsibilities as Catholics and children of God.
- Students explore their faith through classes and activities in Scripture, Sacraments,Church, and morality.
- At St. Charles, we stress the value of self-discipline and commitment.
- Faculty and staff are role models who share their faith, their talents, and their time.
- While not all students who come to our school are Catholic, all share experiences of faith and values.
- At St. Charles, we encourage each student to accept the challenge of being a Catholicand Christian and bringing Christ’s message of love to others.
Values which promote understanding and service to others are an important part of the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School experience. As a faith community, we emphasize those values which encourage students to accept others rather exclude them, to understand the difference between right and wrong, and to commit themselves to serve God by being kind, caring, respectful, and responsible to others.
Excellence in Academic Achievement
St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School has a 50-year tradition of excellence in education. High standards, strong motivation, effective discipline and an atmosphere of caring combine to foster excellence, and a high quality of student performance is supported by the evidence.
St. Charles students score significantly higher than national and local school averages on standardized and State testing. Research shows that because of a greater emphasis on homework and study, students develop more effective study and self-discipline skills which lead to improved academic performance. St. Charles students know the value of homework and are well-prepared academically for any high school they attend.
While providing a stimulating and demanding education, St. Charles Borromeo School gives students a high level of individualized attention and personal sharing. This commitment is reinforced by participation in programs such as robotics, chess, and flight simulation and also for those experiencing difficulty in reading, writing, and arithmetic in services provided by our Resource Room.
Faith and Family
At St. Charles, we recognize the parents and family as the primary educators and we join with them to form a living community of shared vision and values.
- St. Charles Borromeo School helps students understand that each person is unique and valuable.
- St. Charles Borromeo School joins with the family to help students understand their special place in the family, the Church, and society.
- St. Charles Borromeo School encourages family input and involvement in the ongoing education of their children. Research indicates that such a partnership results in higher attendance rates and greater student achievement.
- St. Charles Borromeo School strives to create a special bond among the students, the home, the school, and the Church, so that all share the strong sense of community.
At St. Charles Borromeo School, every child shares in an educational environment filled with love and concern joining together in community to help create a better world.
Maintaining High Standards
St. Charles Borromeo School engages in an ongoing process of evaluation, certification, and accreditation of both teachers and programs. Our accountability to constituents guarantees the continuation of traditionally high standards.
- Our curriculum meets or exceeds all State regulations and guidelines. In addition, Archdiocesan guidelines ensure a strong religious education program.
- Our faculty members are fully qualified professionals committed to bringing out the best in their students as they grow in knowledge, skills, and values.
- We have achieved for the past 18 years the highest level of accreditation from the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools and also the Western Catholic Schools Association; a level of achievement few schools can match.
A St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School education is well worth the cost. It’s money very wisely spent. Your child’s tuition is an investment which pays a lifelong dividend – and is a small portion of what many parents are spending for child care.
- St. Charles Borromeo School represents affordable excellence; there is an emphasis on efficiency and accountability.
- Tuition costs are supplemented by the parish (for those qualifying for in-parish tuition) and for all school families through terrific fund-raising, community-building events.
- In addition to a strong program in the “basics”, as well as challenging programs for all students, St. Charles Borromeo School adds the significant “plus” of religious, moral, and spiritual development.
- At St. Charles, there is a mutual respect which exists among students, faculty, and administration, which generates an atmosphere of care and concern.