Nature and Function:
Section 1: Statement of Purpose: The School Commission is the general policy recommending body and shall monitor policies regarding the operation of the Parish School, in accordance with the policies of the Archbishop and the Archdiocesan Board of Education.
Section 2: Duties and Functions: the Parish School Commission shall recommend to the Pastor and monitor policies of the operation of the Parish School.
A partial list of its duties and functions follow:
1. Keep the Parish Council informed of current policies pertaining to the school and education matters at regular intervals.
2. Submit a proposal of the annual School Budget needs to the Parish Council Finance Committee and consult regularly with the Finance Committee.
3. Interpret and monitor the policies of the Archdiocesan Board of Education.
4. Act as a liaison body with governmental educational officials.
5. Act as a public relations group in making the work and achievements of the the school better known in the parish and community.
6. Recommend policies concerning:
a. tuition rates and other bases for financial support of the school
b. salary scales and/or related benefits for the faculty, school administrator and other personnel
c. class size
d. overseeing and support long-range planning
Meetings Dates: All School Commission meetings are open to the public. Meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month in the school library. Meeting time is 5:00 pm.
2016-2017 School Commission Members
President: John Wilson
Vice President: Tim Cashman
Secretary: Angela Menard
Father Mike McDermott (Pastor)
Dan Hill (Principal)
Marilyn Coleman (Faculty)
Kim Heggerness (Development)
Brandy Lindstrom (SCOPE)